Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How Mobile Phones Kill People

So I was on my way home the other night, walking through a park. I was behind an unknown girl, we both came from the subway station and apparently had the same way home. Upon exiting the station, she had taken out her mobile phone and was now talking on it, while I followed her on the dark paths.
She didn't say much, just "Yes" and "uh" from time to time, and it gave me the impression that THERE WAS NO ONE ON THE LINE. That she only took out her phone and pretended to talk to someone to prevent me from raping her. But why would I do that? Yes, she was cute and seemed to have a great body, but it was approx. 20 °F, I'm sure as hell not raping anyone under this freezing conditions! Well, of course, I never rape anyone, but even if I would, I wouldn't. Not if it would be embarassing for me.
But maybe it was just to prevent me from talking to her? There are girls everywhere, constantly talking on their phones or texting or surfing the web and whatnot, or having their headphones plugged in. That creates an additional barrier, preventing men from approaching them, so I dare to say that a lot of romantic encounters are not taking place (including rape). That means, there are children unborn, just due to the fascination and overuse of mobile phones. Guys, this is worse than abortions! With an abortion, at least there was sex before, there was fun. I'm talking real fun here, not playing some stupid games on the phone.
This should stop, at least in the public. I can't help imagining someone travelling back in time. Medieval people see them, a string attached to their ear, suddenly starting to speak to some invisible person. They would sure as hell get burned as witches or locked away as crazy people. And I second that, we should introduce that again!

23 comments:

  1. I've never really thought about it that way, kind of mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this tongue in cheek? It was funny anyway. I thought you were going to describe how people walk into roads cos they're looking at their phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well played sir well played!
    Followed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna go with GGMP. This sounds like an elaborate satire.

    http://kensingtongoremovieblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, im not gonna have my headphones for school tomorrow..

    http://consumecosts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha. Rape as a romantic encounter just sound rediculous. But I completely agree with what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting story... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a very insightful post. In my opinion, easily one of your best. Also, I have to say, I agree with you, it's intimidating enough to approach attractive women without having to deal with the crap of a cell phone or other attention distorting device.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least shes getting cancer :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must live in a much nicer area that me, Mate. If that would have been the city I live in, on the off chance that she wasn't raped she most certainly would have had her phone stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know my iphone was plotting to kill me

    http://eeatucf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also hit this idiot crossing the road on a green light. He had those Dr. Dre headphones on. Didn't even see/hear me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quite funny and very true, we are becoming so attached to all electronic devices that how can we connect with other people now adays

    ReplyDelete
  14. I let go of my cellphone awhile back. Havent had the damn thing for months now. Now I just really want it again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha, amazing.. this just made my day.. ohh.. what a day its been..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Should have brought out your own phone and pretended to talk to someone about the sexy lady in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha. Cellphones sure are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel this is appropriate for this post. Then who was phone?

    ReplyDelete
  19. i remember when 10 years ago i didnt even have a phone. now i cant move anywhere w/o one

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post brings back that fear in the back of my head that soon we'll all be hooked up like surrogates. No communication with other people at all..except through terminals. I'll be following this. At least you bring it up in a humorous way.

    http://texhnolyze-entertainment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cell phones are destroying today's generation. :\
    They are a big help but also major distractions and potential addictions.

    ReplyDelete
  22. that's why i have phones in general

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd never heard of people pretending to talk on a cell to prevent a violent encounter. I can see how it could help, but I could also see it cause more problems. For one thing, it advertises what kind of phone you have, and some people would mug you for an iphone.

    Check me out at:
    http://brassdragons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete